I LOVE LISTS. I honestly can’t remember a time when I didn’t make lists. I recently rediscovered a notebook from first grade where I had made lists of boys I liked (complete with “Y” or “N” for whether I thought the feeling was reciprocated), people I wanted to invite to future birthday parties, and times my mom was mean to me (which, in hindsight, were not near as legitimate as they seemed at the time). My lists now are a lot less dramatic, but equally satisfying to create.
So, all that said, it seems only fitting to start off my first blog post with a list. 🙂
WHY I AM STARTING A BLOG
- To document our adoption journey for my future child(ren) to look back on when they’re older
- To allow our friends and family to embark on this journey with us
- To encourage others who are thinking about adoption
- To provide resources for people wanting to adopt and those already in the process
- To be able to write, a passion I haven’t made a priority in way too long
Blogs are such a cool invention. I have consistently read countless other blogs for years now, and it’s one of my favorite parts of each day. I love reading hilarious stories from other peoples’ lives, learning tips and ideas I never would’ve thought of on my own, and getting decorating and cooking inspiration from all over the world. I really hope that this blog, a real blog of my own, will make a little difference in the world and provide enjoyment and resources for other people as well. I am starting this because of our adoption journey, but will be incorporating lots of other topics as well, like home decorating, travel, and life in general. I’m so excited! Thanks for being here.